Kia Ora, Welcome to New Zealand, a nation built on our fertile lands. New Zealand is a country of varied landscapes, rugged mountains, glistening lakes and lush plains.
NZLocums has a proud history of placing candidates into our country’s beautiful rural areas. Whether you are looking for short, medium or long-term positions, we are the only recruitment agency you will need.
NZLocums was developed for rural GPs, and is endorsed and funded by the New Zealand Government.
Unlike other recruitment agencies we do not charge placement fees to rural practices.
We assist approximately 200 general practices in New Zealand, in both small towns and rural settlements throughout New Zealand.
Our team of Relationship Managers at NZLocums will:
• Advise you on salary and benefits applicable to New Zealand practices
• Place you in contact with GPs and administrative staff at your prospective practice
• Advise and assist you in negotiating a contract with your prospective employer
• Assist you with the New Zealand Medical Council registration process
• Organise your attendance at our CME accredited three day Orientation
View our current vacancies below and contact us to discuss your opportunities further.
Long-Term / Permanent General Practitioner Vacancies
Please see our current long-term and permanent vacancies below and contact us to discuss your options further.
Working as a GP Locum
Alternatively, there is the option to work as a roving GP locum. This option becomes available once you have worked in New Zealand as a GP for approximately six months. It will enable you to move around the country allowing you to experience all that life in New Zealand has to offer.